Fall Sports Enrollment
To enroll your child for Fall Sports, please click on the links below.
NOTE: there are mandatory health forms that must be on file before your child begins fall sports.
See our "Important Health Forms" section below for more information.
Fall Sports Information
- Start of Season
- Our teams usually begin practices the week before school begins.
- Any practices during summer vacation are optional and absences do not negatively impact playing time.
- Commitment Level During School Year
- During the school year practices or games take place five days a week.
- Games are usually Monday/Wednesday and some Fridays.
- Equipment needs
- The school provides a uniform and parents provide socks, cleats and mouthguard.
- If this is a financial hardship for your family please contact email@example.com for support.
- The school provides bussing to and from games.
- Some practices take place at CRMS.
- Some practices take place at other local sites such as Marge Jones, RES West, Camden Hills High School, Goose River Golf Course.
- We provide transport to those sites if the practice begins right after school.
- For practices starting 3:45pm or later, we do not provide transport to off-site locations.
- Placement and Teams
- We do not hold try outs and we make spaces for as many players as we can.
- For soccer we always have to make a small number of decisions about which team our 7th grade players participate in. Below is a summary of how we think that will break down this year (based on paper enrollment in the office this spring):
- 6th grade coed - all Grade 6 players play on this team
- 8th grade boys - likely to be only Grade 8 boys
- 7/8 grade girls - likely to be some Grade 7 girls that join Grade 8 girls
- 7th grade coed - likely to be all Grade 7 boys and most Grade 7 girls on this team
- Numbers will be finalized later in the summer.
- Sports Rules and Philosophy
- Please see our School Handbook for a more comprehensive list of rules, expectations and philosophy.
Contact the Athletic Coordinator
If an issue has arisen that you need assistance with, please contact your team's coach first. If you need further assistnace call Mike Egeland, CRMS Athletic Coordinator, at: 236 7805 Ext 2152 or email at Mike.Egeland@fivetowns.net .
Master Sports Schedule
If you have any questions about ports, please contact our Athletic Coordinator, Mike Egeland, at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT HEALTH FORMS
RETURN TO SCHOOL NURSE - GRETCHEN KUHN, RN email@example.com . 236-7805 x 2144
We MUST have the following forms BEFORE students can begin any practice sessions. We do not make any exceptions for this.
REQUIRED HEALTH FORMS:
1. ANNUAL HEALTH HISTORY - needed every year - complete and return to School Nurse or bring to the first practice. Please take a moment to read the policy and sign the bottom of the form indicating that you have read and understand the policy. You can find the concussion policy on the MSAD 28 website.
2. PHYSICAL EXAM FORM. This means a signed document from the doctor or nurse practitioner of one physical dated no earlier than one year prior to beginning at CRMS.
Athletic Program Webcast/Parent Meeting - **IMPORTANT**
For more information about the goals, rules, expectations and eligibility of our CRMS athletics program, please click below to watch a webcast containing the most important information.
We use this webcast format in lieu of a parent meeting. At the beginning of the season I will hold a brief team meeting with the coach to explain more about that particular team and season. We will let you know what time and day the "meet your coach" meeting will be once the season gets closer. Stay tuned!
To access the webcast click here:
If you have any questions about athletics at CRMS, please contact Matt Smith at CRMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click link for FAQ - CRMS Athletics Info
Participation Requirements for CRMS and Non-CRMS Students
Participation for all students: A student can withdraw their name if they decide not to participate in a sport. However, we ask that students only sign up for sports if they have a somewhat firm commitment to playing.
If a student has a conflict with another commitment during the season, we can generally accept a student onto a team. They may have reduced playing time if they cannot attend every practice, but they will be able to participate as much as possible.
Participation by students at private schools/homeschool: Students from local private schools can usually play on CRMS sports teams if there is space and if they live in Camden or Rockport. However, if sign-up numbers are high, priority is given to CRMS students.
CRMS sports teams are not open to students from Hope, Appleton or Lincolnville unless there are special circumstances, where enrollment is low from the CRMS population AND the sport is not offered at any of the HAL schools.
Students from private schools or HAL must contact the Athletic Director to seek permission to plan on a CRMS sports team before their son/daughter attends practice.
"What is the Sportsline?"
Families new to the Schooners Athletics program may not have heard of the "sportsline" where you can call any time to hear a recorded message listing all that day's practice and game times.
To access the Sportsline, simply call 236-7805 and press option #2.
The sportsline is updated daily - in athletic seasons - by 12:00pm each day.
On days where rain or snow may affect the status of a game, we often have to wait to see what will happen with the weather and contact the opposing Athletic Director to make a decision about the games. Where possible, we try to make the decision before noon. During schooldays, Ms. Pierce or Ms. O'Farrell would be glad to connect you if you request the sportsline when you call the school office at 236-7805.
The interscholastic sports program is designed primarily for students in grades 7 and 8, with a few sports allowing 6th and even 5th graders as well. We have been able to afford a “no cut” policy on school sports teams, at times creating additional teams to accommodate student interest. CRMS has the following interscholastic sports teams:
- Girls Soccer (grades 7/8)
- Boys Soccer (7/8)
- Coed Soccer (two teams serving coed students in grades 6-8 (varies each year))
- Developmental Coed Soccer (6)
- Field Hockey (6-8)
- Coed Cross Country (6-8)
- Coed Golf (6-8 - we allow 5th graders if there is space)
- Girls Basketball (7/8)
- Boys Basketball (7/8)
- Coed Wrestling (5-8)
- Coed Track (6-8)
- Girls Softball (7/8)
- Boys Baseball (7/8)