2017-2018 Basketball Schedule
(note: times subject to change.)
Winter Sports Enrollment Has Begun!
- The season finishes in mid-late January
- Practices or games take place 5-days a week, usually with 2-3 games a week. We do not play on weekends except for the championship game.
- The game schedule is live in the calendar above and will be updated with any changes going forward.
- Teams play a regular season followed by a playoff season. We ask coaches to get every player into every regular season game for some playing time. In the playoffs we do not require this, since that part of our season is much more competitive
- We will have two girls teams in the Large School (Busline) League, one in 7th grade and one in 8th grade.
- We are entering two boys teams into the Large School League, one in 7th grade and one in 8th grade. This is the Busline league, including teams like Oceanside, Troy Howard, Medomak.
- We are also entering one boys team into the Small School League. Based on initial enrollment, this third boys team will be made of 8th graders only.
The small school league is a competitive league, it involves schools like Bristol, Hope, Appleton, Lincolnville, Nobleboro.
- All 8th grade boys will practice together for the first two days of the season, at which time coaching staff will decide who plays on each team. By the Wednesday of the first week, the boys will know which team they are playing on.
|Date||CRMS-7 Boys||CRMS-7 Girls||CRMS-8 Boys||CRMS- 8 Girls||
CRMS-small school - Boys Only
|11/6/2017||3:15-4:30 pm||4:30-5:45 pm||5:45-7:00 pm||7:00-8:15 pm|
|11/7/2017||4:30-5:45 pm||3:15-4:30 pm||7:00-8:15 pm||5:45-7:00 pm|
|11/8/2017||5:15-6:15pm||6:15-7:15 pm||7:15-8:15 pm||3:15-4:15 pm||4:15-5:15 pm|
|11/9/2017||6-7 pm||7-8 pm||4-5 pm||3-4 pm||5-6 pm|
|11/10/2017||7-8 pm||3-4 pm||4-5 pm||5-6 pm||6-7 pm|
Health forms are required in order to participate on a sports team. If your son/daughter attends practice and does not have the necessary forms with them they will not be allowed to participate until the forms are passed in. Unfortunately, no exceptions are made to this rule.
Information for Resident Students enrolled in Private Schools
IMPORTANT: Health forms
We MUST have the following forms BEFORE students can begin any practice sessions. We do not make any exceptions for this.
Required health forms:
1. the Health History form (needed every year - print this and bring this as an "entry ticket" to the first practice)
2. an up-to-date physical - this means a report from your physician of one physical dated no earlier than one year prior to beginning at CRMS -
3. The CRMS concussion policy. Please take a moment to read the policy and sign the bottom of the Health History form indicating that you have read and understand the new policy. You can find the concussion policy on the MSAD 28 website.
Athletic Program Webcast/Parent Meeting - **IMPORTANT**
For more information about the goals, rules, expectations and eligibility of our CRMS athletics program, please click below to watch a webcast containing the most important information.
We use this webcast format in lieu of a parent meeting. At the beginning of the season I will hold a brief team meeting with the coach to explain more about that particular team and season. We will let you know what time and day the "meet your coach" meeting will be once the season gets closer. Stay tuned!
To access the webcast click here:
If you have any questions about athletics at CRMS, please contact Matt Smith at CRMS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click link for FAQ - CRMS Athletics Info
A student can withdraw their name if they decide not to participate in a sport. However, we ask that students only sign up for sports if they have a somewhat firm commitment to playing.
If a student has a conflict with another commitment during the season, we can generally accept a student onto a team. They may have reduced playing time if they cannot attend every practice, but they will be able to participate as much as possible.
Participation by students at private schools/homeschool:
Students from local private schools can usually play on CRMS sports teams if there is space and if they live in Camden or Rockport. However, if sign-up numbers are high, priority is given to CRMS students.
CRMS sports teams are not open to students from Hope, Appleton or Lincolnville unless there are special circumstances, where enrollment is low from the CRMS population AND the sport is not offered at any of the HAL schools.
Students from private schools or HAL must contact the Athletic Director to seek permission to plan on a CRMS sports team before their son/daughter attends practice.
"What is the Sportsline?"
Families new to the Schooners Athletics program may not have heard of the "sportsline" where you can call any time to hear a recorded message listing all that day's practice and game times.
To access the Sportsline, simply call 236-7805 and press option #2.
The sportsline is updated daily - in athletic seasons - by 12:00pm each day.
On days where rain or snow may affect the status of a game, we often have to wait to see what will happen with the weather and contact the opposing Athletic Director to make a decision about the games. Where possible, we try to make the decision before noon. During schooldays, Ms. Pierce or Ms. O'Farrell would be glad to connect you if you request the sportsline when you call the school office at 236-7805.
Contact the Athletic Director
If an issue has arisen that you need assistance with, please contact your team's coach directly, or call Matt Smith, CRMS Athletic Director, at: 236 7805 Ext 2147 or email at Matt.Smith@fivetowns.net
The interscholastic sports program is designed primarily for students in grades 7 and 8, with a few sports allowing 6th and even 5th graders as well. We have been able to afford a “no cut” policy on school sports teams, at times creating additional teams to accommodate student interest. CRMS has the following interscholastic sports teams:
- Girls Soccer (grades 7/8)
- Boys Soccer (7/8)
- Coed Soccer (two teams serving coed students in grades 6-8 (varies each year))
- Developmental Coed Soccer (6)
- Field Hockey (6-8)
- Coed Cross Country (6-8)
- Coed Golf (6-8 - we allow 5th graders if there is space)
- Girls Basketball (7/8)
- Boys Basketball (7/8)
- Coed Wrestling (5-8)
- Coed Track (6-8)
- Girls Softball (7/8)
- Boys Baseball (7/8)